Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: SOLVED bstation 2 cant find fixtures  (Read 1248 times)

February 14, 2023, 03:17:41 PM
Read 1248 times

bjorn de weijer

hello all,

i recently got the b station 2 for a lighting project (about 30 fixtures) however in trying to set up i found that
a can do anyting in the software but i can not seem to pair the virtual fixtures with the physical ones im using the showtec compact par spot 7-3 the just seem to go full on giving of white light

im new to AV so could be im making a rookie mistake but i can not figure it out

please help im losing my mind a little

greetings

bjorn de weijer

« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 12:20:12 PM by bjorn de weijer »

February 15, 2023, 09:30:00 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Hello,

Even if you can create your patch from the Bstation2 web-interface you will have to apply those settings to your fixtures by hand.

The RDM function of the Bstation could do that but your fixture are not compatible with RDM so you will have to do it yourself.

For each fixture you will have to set the DMX address to the same one that you set in the Bstation2 patch screen, and I would advise you to select the 4 channels mode.
-> The address of each fixture needs to be separated by 4. If first fixture is set at 1 then second one will be set at 5. 
You can also automatically set the adresses once you have created the virtual personality file, by selecting all the fixtures, click on address, set it to 1 and click OK. All addresses will be set automatically.

Now, in the patch windows, you will have to add a personality to your fixtures.
Select the fixture, and click on personality, then click on Intensity, red, green and blue. This way your personality assigned to your virtual device will fit the DMX charts of the 4 channel mode of your fixture.

Once this is done, you will be able to individually control them from the playback page.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 15, 2023, 12:19:33 PM
Reply #2

bjorn de weijer

solved

thank you

i did al you told me to do before i wrote the previous post, however it gave me the peace of mind to look somewhere els for the problem and i found it of connected the DMX + and - the wrong way around

again thank you

February 15, 2023, 12:37:14 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I am glad to know that you fixed your problem.
Have fun using the Bstation2.  :)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk