Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Connection between editor and tablets / phones  (Read 429 times)

February 17, 2023, 08:19:32 AM
Read 429 times

KlankOntwerp

I have been struggling to understand why I cannot connect to the Editor software on a certain site. I’m not a beginner to networking and have used the software at multiple other sites with no problems. Only difference is Windows 11 on the Editor server (NUC11).

Situational description:

Editor server:
- NUC11 with network dongle for show control network (fixed ip in 192/24); internal NIC = link local Dante
- Editor is in firewall exception rule but right now firewall and UAC are off
- connection with multiple other machines within network via UDP and TCP without issues, Packet sender tests confirm no general issues

Network:

- Wired and wireless shoco VLAN 1 (default) are the same:
- DHCP server
- no firewalls
- multicast DNS
- IGMP snooping
- DHCP snooping

There are two other VLANs

Devices:

- iPhones
- Android tablets

What is the issue:

- Inputting the IP of the Editor server in the tablets does not pop up the editor as it does in other locations.

What have I tried:

- Turning everything of and on multiple times
- Multiple devices
- UDP/TCP apps on phones to assure connection (to other devices / packet sender on Editor server) is possible - there is a connection possible.

I am a little lost on where to check further. How can I resolve this issue?

February 17, 2023, 10:33:48 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
We already had some issues reported using the editor with windows 11.
It seems that the new firewall do not like it.
But you said that you turned off the firewall so this should be something else.

Could you try to make the shorter connection between the editor and Kiosc, to be able to check if the problem is coming from your server with windows 11, or from some network settings?
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 20, 2023, 09:43:26 AM
Reply #2

KlankOntwerp

I am not sure what you mean by a shorter connection. I only have wireless devices in this project. I will however try a Mac with Editor next time so I can bypass Windows 11 to see if that fixes the problem.

February 20, 2023, 05:27:38 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Yes running the Kiosc editor could also be a solution to check if the problem is coming from the network setting or from Windows 11.
What i meant with shorter connection, was to directly plug the Kiosc touch to the Windows 11 server for example, using just a POE injector in between.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 22, 2023, 09:37:02 AM
Reply #4

KlankOntwerp

Ah yes, I am not using a Kiosc Touch in this particular project. I am using a tablet that they use for their lighting system as well. Kiosc Editor is running on a local computer used for remote connection.

I will try downloading the file via my Mac when I visit the location.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk