Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Android to editor connection lost  (Read 1336 times)

February 21, 2023, 03:40:14 PM
Read 1336 times

Paulschermer

When using the Kiosc app on an android device, connected to the editor on windows 10, I often have trouble connecting the client.

The editor would show up in the app (the client also shows up in the editor) but when I select it, nothing happens and the link symbol stays grayed out.
On another device (tablet) the solution was often to swipe up from the bottom, reminding the app to respond.

Today, I was switching around between several apps and windows applications, after that, some how the connection broke. I rebooted both the pc and the android client, but nothing has changed.

The editor shows up in the app, the client shows up in the editor, but no way to connect.

Is there a solution for this?
If not, is there a way to move the kiosc file to an android device and open it in the app?

Thanks
Paul

February 21, 2023, 05:31:45 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
The problem you are talking about looks like your firewall blocking the connection between the editor and the kiosc app.
It often happens with windows 11, and maybe Microsoft decided to make their windows 10 firewall follow the same rules.
You can or turn off your firewall, to check if it does fix the problem or add the Kiosc editor to the firewall white list.

In any case, it's possible to transfert the file from your computer to your android device by connecting them via USB.
To know where the file is stored in you computer just click on the 'folder' icon displayed on the "save as" Kiosc editor's windows.
Then copy paste this file to your android device, going into
For android 11 and over:
Android/data/nl.visualproductions.kiosc /files/documents/Visual Productions / KIOSC/ App data
Up to android 11:
Android/Visual Productions / KIOSC/ App data

Once your *,kiosc file will be into this folder, you will be able to select in in kiosc.
Enjoy ;)

Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk