Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Bstation2 has no MAC address  (Read 1303 times)

March 18, 2023, 11:05:25 AM
Read 1303 times

BBLXZA

Hello,

I have a new Bstation2 (v1.15) and Cuecore3 (v1.26.37)

PC - Windows 11, latest vmanager installed, d-link router non poe, poe injector for BS2

I plugged in the Bstation2 and it connected first time, changed IP address, i could see both Bstation2 and curecore3 in vManager.

After programming tracks on the cuecore3 via sacn input i wanted to setup the triggers for the Bstation2 but am now unable to access it via the web portal or in vmanager.

The BS2 randomly shows up in the vmanager with the default ip 192.168.1.10 and MAC address 00.00.00.00.00.00 in RED. No other information and i cant browse it.

Ive tried resetting the BS2 via the onboard button, unplugging and replugging,

At one point after a reset the BS2 lit up red on all 6 buttons and stayed red until i unplugged its Cat5 and plugged it back in. Still not accessible from vmanager or web portal.

Ive setup the system as per the manual, PC IP - 192.168.1.9 , Bstation2 IP - 192.168.1.10,  Cuecore3 IP - 192.168.1.11

All devices are connected via a switch and the BS2 has a POE injector fed from the switch.

ive swopped out cat 5 jumps, no cable is over 2m long, all cables are working.

When performing factory default on BS2 vmanager progress bar freezes at "erasing 0%" - pic attached

Any advice on what else to troubleshoot would be appreciated!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 12:04:18 PM by BBLXZA »

March 19, 2023, 12:08:39 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
The fact that the B-station2 light up red, is strange.
I guess you already tried to restart Vmanager?
Can you try with only the B-station2 connected to the computer?
Could you also try to switch the B-sattion2 to DHCP, even if there is no DHCP server in your setup it should get an address at the end and then be able to access it.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

March 20, 2023, 06:11:37 AM
Reply #2

BBLXZA

Hey!

Yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled vmanager, i also realized i was using the old vmanager and downloaded the new one from windows store - still no luck.

I have tried different (all working) cat 5 jumps, ive connected direct from my PC into POE injector into Bstation2.

Ive connected through a simple network switch and through a WiFi Router, With and without DHCP.

Ive tried 2 different windows laptops,

Attached is where im stuck at the moment. Bstation2 shows up intermittently,

Im seeing the Distributor today but this is strange as its the second unit im having this issue with.

March 20, 2023, 11:28:46 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Ok, so from all the test you did, it seems that the network chip is defective.
You said that you already had this problem with a previous B-station2. Did you make it fix or did you get a replacement?
May I know where you bought the products? depending on that, we will se if you can have a replacent via the distributor or if we will manage fixing it directly.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

March 21, 2023, 11:14:09 AM
Reply #4

BBLXZA

HI,

DWR In South Africa is the distributor, they have been really helpful.

Yes the first bstation i received worked and then did'nt, same with the second one.

Im leading towards window 11 being the issue as upgrading the bstation and rebooting it works fine on a MAC but the progress halted at 0% and didnt progress.

I have a working replacement now, thanks.

My next question is Moving light fx recording.

Im recording dmx in via input A but when i play back the movement some lights dont have the full range that i programmed.

I remove the DMX input from the cuecore before playback as the static default values track through and affect the FX playback.

thanks
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 06:29:44 AM by BBLXZA »

March 22, 2023, 05:39:25 PM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
I am glad to know that you fixed your problem.
Did DWR switched the B-Station2 or just going from Windows to Mac solved the problem?

About your problem, you should have a look in the monitor if there are not some values that are always from the show control or other when all your playbacks are off.
To be sure to clear everything you can create a temporary 'Fixture" task, in the function, select 'çlear' and execute the task.
This should solve your problem I think.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

March 23, 2023, 11:35:57 AM
Reply #6

BBLXZA

Hi Julien,

DWR swopped out 2 button stations both presenting the same issue.

Configuring your products on a MAC worked flawlessly, so i do feel its a windows issue to some extent.

Issues I had:

1 - When updating the cuecore or bstation2, the progress bar hangs on 0% and vmanager needs to be restarted.

2 - When recording movements for moving head lights into the cuecore3 via DMX or SACN, I can understand having to unplug the incoming dmx so that the default values are not interfering with the DMX out of the cuecore3 but in order to have the recorded tracks playback as recorded i have to reboot the cuecore3... is that normal?

3 - There was also an instance when I released all playbacks and unplugged incoming DMX / SACN but still had default values being output from the cuecore3.

Thanks in advance

March 24, 2023, 03:57:45 PM
Reply #7

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
I am glad to know that the new B-station is working fine.
We will check it when we will receive it here.
For the problems you are having:
1 - When updating the Cuecore or B-station2, the progress bar hangs on 0% and Vmanager needs to be restarted.
Did you succeeded to upgrade them or are you still using a firmware version displayed in Orange in Vmanager?
If yes could you tell me the current firmware version for both of them?

2 - When recording movements for moving head lights into the cuecore3 via DMX or SACN, I can understand having to unplug the incoming dmx so that the default values are not interfering with the DMX out of the cuecore3 but in order to have the recorded tracks playback as recorded i have to reboot the cuecore3... is that normal?
As I said in my previous post, maybe it's somme values coming from some showcontrol tasks. To be sure you can create a fixture/clear task and execute it to check if it solves the problem. If not, could you please check if putting all channels to 0 on the input you are using for recording before un plugging it solve the problem?

3 - There was also an instance when I released all playbacks and unplugged incoming DMX / SACN but still had default values being output from the cuecore3.
Do you playbacks are Timecode controlled?

Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk