Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Newbie needs help Timecore  (Read 2980 times)

May 06, 2023, 12:58:46 PM
Reply #15

Alen

Thank you. I will try to do it the way you pointed. Many of my friends are looking forward to your Timecore product doing the job. in my Country looking for a product like this. connect timecode with Beyond, Resolume, Madrix, Grandma light software...
If I can do it, a lot of my colleagues will buy your product

May 06, 2023, 07:03:49 PM
Reply #16

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
The Timecore is the only product on the market able to output 4 different timecode protocols:
- SMPTE
- MTC (midi)
- Art-net
- RTP midi

So what ever protocol your software will be using, you will always find a way to connect it with a Timecore. ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 07, 2023, 11:56:56 AM
Reply #17

Alen

« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 12:01:48 PM by minhky »

May 07, 2023, 11:58:06 AM
Reply #18

Alen

Thank you very much. I have control of Beyond and Resolume.
but i have a problem.
- video plays in Resolume without sound.
- the video plays in Beyond when I press the pause button, it still plays (can't use sound in Beyond) https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dHnyQe4L6NE
I need to learn to connect to a software specializing in scale. such as Ableton Live. do you have any suggestion for me audio player software?

May 07, 2023, 11:59:35 AM
Reply #19

Alen

i want to ask is there any way to make the back button from the beginning without running.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 12:04:15 PM by minhky »

May 07, 2023, 01:14:47 PM
Reply #20

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Yes sure, the button are fully customizable...
Go into the TimeCore web interface, and in the "show control" tab.
Click on the "buttons" action list. Then in the "actions" column select "reset" and click "edit".
In the "task" list select the line "timecode/playstate/restart".
Now, in the "function" list, select "stop" instead of "restart".
That's it, you can close this window and the web interface, now the button will stop the timecode.

If you want you can put any action on this button, you can also change when the task is activates, for now it's when the button is pressed but it can also be when the button is released.
You can also change it to short press and then add an action that will be triggered when you do a long press.

Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 08, 2023, 06:06:37 AM
Reply #21

Alen

I have a question for this
I broadcast MTC time codes from Reaper software via Timecore device, will I receive it? and from the Timecore device will output Art-Net and SMPTE for Beyond and Resolume software.
I used Midi to connect from my computer via a Timecore device
I read the documentation on Pangolin's website they say this "The unit supports receiving and transmitting SMPTE (LTC), MTC and a Ethernet-based timecode (Art-Net)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDvPMt3HM0k

May 08, 2023, 09:53:38 AM
Reply #22

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
The settings you are showing in the video looks good.
But I am wondering why you have a midi cable connected on the MIDI ouput of the Timecore,
The TimeCore should receive MTC from reaper on your computer and will convert the MTC into Artnet-timecode for Art-net and SMPTE timecode for resolume,
You need an USB to MIDI adapater, so guess this is what your DOREMIDI does.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 09, 2023, 05:22:46 AM
Reply #23

Alen

the midi device you see on the Timecore is a USB to MIDI converter. i am outputting MTC signal from Reaper on my pc via Doremidi device but why is Timecore not working.
Did you see any errors in my video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c293ZpYPlA

May 09, 2023, 05:41:22 PM
Reply #24

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello minhky,

To use the MTC timecode from reaper in TimeCore you will have to change a setting of TimeCore.
On the settings page you can set the input to MTC.

This will make TimeCore follow what it receives on the midi in port.

Kind regards,
Guido Visser
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

May 09, 2023, 05:49:16 PM
Reply #25

Alen

do you mean settings here?  I have installed it but the problem is not working
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqxsVSsvgQM
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 07:55:47 PM by Alen »

May 09, 2023, 09:39:20 PM
Reply #26

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
From what I can see in the video, the timecore is not receiving any midi signal.
The first thing to do anyway, as Guido said the input setting of the Timecore must be set on MTC.

Then I guess you are having a problem in your Reaper settings, or in your wiring between the USB to midi adaptor to the Timecore.
It seems that there are some leds on the usb to midi adaptor I guess they should light up when it is sending some datas. Does this LED turns on when you play the timecode on Reaper?
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 10, 2023, 02:33:14 AM
Reply #27

Alen

I installed Reaper as per their instructions. I tried playing MTC code for Beyond software. it works fine.
i reviewed the leds on the Reaper and the usb to midi adapter. When I'm animated, the den led lights up
I also tried changing the usb connection to another middi but it still doesn't work
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 08:00:12 PM by Alen »

May 10, 2023, 05:44:42 PM
Reply #28

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
ok, this is a good news,
now did you check that you have connected the Midi OUt of your USB/:idi interface to the midi IN of the Timecore?

In the web interface at the bottom right of teh screen the midi indicator should light up in white if the Timecore is receiving :idim if not that means that it is not.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 10, 2023, 06:13:35 PM
Reply #29

Alen

Oh my God. i plugged midi/in into the midi/in end of Timecore.
I've done it. So great
I thank you very much. You have been very supportive these days. Now, just 1 device of your Timecore can activate a lot of software running at the same time.
thank you again

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk