Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Backup using VPN  (Read 988 times)

May 11, 2023, 08:05:41 AM
Read 988 times

MattMajestiX

We are trying to complete a backup of several CueCore2 units over a VPN and it just keeps timing out in vmanager. The devices are discovered in vmanager and i can update time or browse to the interface, but the backup does not complete.

We are using OpenVPN for our connections. We can complete the backup when connected to the unit on local network.

Can you provide details on how the backup works incase we need to adjust vpn settings ect?

Thanks Matt

May 12, 2023, 12:08:33 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Could you tell me which version of Vmanager you are using?
Did you use the "search ip address" function in the options of Vmanager to have your CueCore2 displayed in Vmanager?
If not, could you add the ip address of your CueCore2 to this list and give it a try?
Last thing, could you send me the backup you succeeded to do locally, to let us check what could be the cause?
You can send it to support"at"visualproductions"dot"nl

Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 12, 2023, 01:13:28 PM
Reply #2

Radu

Hi There,

I'm having the same issue.
- Using softether vpn.
- Used search ip address
- vmanager v1.6.25 from the microsoft store
- cuecore3 firmware 1.26.37

*edit*
- i noticed the time got stuck on the time i opened vmanager
- i also had the issue i had to refresh the webbrowser after every change to see my changes. If i opened the network tool in the browser the websocket is connected and ping-ponging but no other messages appear. I tried to reboot from vmanager but it did not respond. I had to close vmanager first and open it again and then quickly press reboot. After reboot the webbrowser was responding normally again, vmanager did not.

Radu
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 02:22:25 PM by Radu »

May 16, 2023, 09:37:55 AM
Reply #3

MattMajestiX

Hi Julien,

I have emailed you the latest backups from 2 units.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk