Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Intensity of ColourPicker  (Read 1269 times)

May 24, 2023, 09:28:47 AM
Read 1269 times

Thomas MK

Is there any possible way to have intensity fader for ColourPicker
like, to have dimmer fader but which one doesn't change colour value
and when you pick on ColourPicker new colour doesn't change light intensity?

In my case i have 3 different colour changing fixture types. 2 led stripes (one is RGBW one is RGB)  and 8 ROBE LBs 150.

Setup:
CueCore3, 3x KioskTouch, IOCore, DaliCore

May 26, 2023, 10:37:27 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
The RGBI element doesn't exist in Kiosc but you can easily have a color picker and put a normal fader close by to control the intensity.

I guess your DMX fixtures are connected to the Cuecore3.
If the DMX charts of the fixture already include an intensity channel than you just need to create an action for your intensity fader on kiosc ( using OSC, UDP or TCP) and create a DMX task that will just control the right channel.
If there is no DMX channel for intensity, then you first need to patch your fixtures in the patch tab, and for each fixture activate the "virtual dimmer" function.
Now in the show control create the same action than previously, but this time use a "device" task, and select intensity control.

enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 26, 2023, 01:43:47 PM
Reply #2

Thomas MK

Yes i'm running fixture from CC3 and on the fixtures there are no intensity dimmer ch.

i was patch some fixture and in my case i have RGB DMX 3ch LED strip (Fix. =5) on DMX 13. for which i'd like to have intensity.
- on KioskTouch i have 16 ColourPicker (UDP: CP01) and one fader for intensity (INT01)
- on CC3 in SC (show control) i created an action UDP -> (trigger string: CP01) -> DMX -> RGB -> Control -> A.13
and i created next action UDP -> (trigger string: INT01) -> Fixture -> Intensity - Control -> 5
and intensity does't work.

what did i miss?

May 26, 2023, 02:08:03 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
You need to change this task:
on CC3 in SC (show control) i created an action UDP -> (trigger string: CP01) -> DMX -> RGB -> Control -> A.13
to the "Fixture"/RGB control task.
Virtual dimmer is applied to the RGB values, but if you change the color directly to the dmx channels and not to the fixture the Cuecore doesn't know that the fixture is actually outputting something. So when you try to change the intensity of the fixture it does nothing.
By changing the color of the fixture then it will work,
enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 26, 2023, 03:45:40 PM
Reply #4

Thomas MK

i knew i did something wrong..  8)

Works as it should!!!

TNX!!!!  :D

May 26, 2023, 04:19:12 PM
Reply #5