Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 20697 times)

September 01, 2009, 11:23:58 AM
Read 20697 times

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
If've just run a test to see if VisualDMX would run correctly on Microsoft Windows 7.
I used Windows 7 Ultimate on 32 bit and VisualDMX and the USB driver for the Duple interface ran without any problems.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 12, 2009, 03:52:31 PM
Reply #1

majortom

Any idea when the Mac OS X version will be released? When Cuelux was announced, it was suggested that would be about 1 year. Should we expect to see a Beta release in May of 2010?

/carmi

October 12, 2009, 05:57:08 PM
Reply #2

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Carmi,

It's very difficult to give you a time frame on VisualDMX @ Mac.
I haven't started this project yet, although nearly all software parts I write for Cuelux can be reused for VisualDMX.
Best thing I can do is to keep you informed as I make my progress.

Just curious, which features of VisualDMX are you most interested in to have available on Mac?
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 13, 2009, 02:40:49 AM
Reply #3

majortom

Multiple Universes, more fixtures. For our first setup, 24 will be fine, but for our event in May of next year, I expect that will not be sufficient. Also, controlling multiple universes is also important. Ethernet-based control surfaces, especially those that are application aware like those from Euphonix, are also important to me (I hope you will add them to Cuelux). As part of that, supporting motorized sliders would be great.

Finally, support for other kinds of control (joystick, track ball) where appropriate would be great.

I have only spent a small period playing with Cuelux, having not gotten my dongle yet.

I will let you know more once I have more experience with it.

/carmi

October 14, 2009, 10:09:08 AM
Reply #4

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
thanks!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 23, 2009, 09:27:58 AM
Reply #5

joeyke87

So Windows 7 is working great even if it's not supported yet? I'm going to buy the dupple and use it with visualdmx/touch, Therefore i have to buy a netbook/touchpc. Asus have some nice models but i'm wondering if a resolution of 1024x600 and a simple atom processor would be enough to run it flawless?  Hope you can help me out, thanks.

October 23, 2009, 11:39:08 AM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
VisualDMX will do fine on Windows 7. The atom processor is not so much of a problem, if you are just controlling one universe the software doesn't consume much CPU. The screen resolution is a little small for operating visualdmx conveniently, but for visualtouch the screen is no problem.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 23, 2009, 01:15:31 PM
Reply #7

joeyke87

VisualDMX will do fine on Windows 7. The atom processor is not so much of a problem, if you are just controlling one universe the software doesn't consume much CPU. The screen resolution is a little small for operating visualdmx conveniently, but for visualtouch the screen is no problem.

Thanks for your reply, i will buy a Asus Touch PC, Has a better resolution and processor. Unfortunatly no multi touch, i hope that doensn't limit me in functionality of Visualdmx/touch.

May 27, 2010, 01:06:29 PM
Reply #8

djwouter

works visual dmx hardware on 64bit win 7 ??

May 27, 2010, 02:02:18 PM
Reply #9

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
No, there is no 64bit driver for the VisualDMX hardware available yet.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

September 28, 2010, 10:18:21 PM
Reply #10

Freelight

I have to upgrade a clients pc , is the 64-bit driver for the DMX output MKII planned in the near future? Or do I buy a 32-bit windows 7.

Grtz Ivo.

September 29, 2010, 11:08:43 AM
Reply #11

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
I have to upgrade a clients pc , is the 64-bit driver for the DMX output MKII planned in the near future? Or do I buy a 32-bit windows 7.

Grtz Ivo.

Hi Ivo,

It is on our todo-list, but we're not sure when were going to tackle this. So or you have to be patient untill we've got some time to make 64-bit support for VisualDMX, or you need to install 32-bit Windows.

Best regards,
Rick

September 30, 2010, 09:12:59 AM
Reply #12

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@ Freelight

When buying a new PC I would recommend getting a 32bit system.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 04, 2010, 10:04:59 PM
Reply #13

Freelight

ok, thanks for the reply.

October 18, 2011, 04:50:14 PM
Reply #14

Incandisco

Maarten,

Is there any progress on a 64bit driver for Windows 7 and the Elite box yet?  New laptops now only seem to be coming with Win7 64bit (unless you buy something old and out-dated)...  I'm looking at a new touch-screen laptop to bring VisualDMX up to date for my show and I can't get one on 32bit at all.

Cheers,

Dave.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk