Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Bugreport: STL slider still outputs a dmx signal even when set to zero  (Read 632 times)

December 25, 2023, 04:26:20 PM
Read 632 times

Florian Eisenhauer

Cuelux version 1.6.29

Im experiencing the problem that the STL channel will still output when the corresponding slider is set to zero. Through the Dmx monitor I have found that instead of simply going to zero the channel randomly still outputs a value from 0 to 18 needing multiple trys to get it to zero.
This behaviour still stays true when using the strobe button, causing the fixture to simply keep strobing even affter releasing the button.

In the attached image channel 6 (here at value 14) reprents the strobe Channel.

December 25, 2023, 04:30:33 PM
Reply #1

Florian Eisenhauer

December 26, 2023, 11:02:08 AM
Reply #2

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,
Which personality are you using?
Usually this means that the range for strobe in the personality is wrong, it should not start at 0.
(1-255 instead of 0-255 for example)

Greetings,
Bootsy

December 26, 2023, 02:29:27 PM
Reply #3

Florian Eisenhauer

Well that was an easy fix. I was using a self build personality file for a generic par light as there wasnt a fitting prebuild one. Still seems like weird behaviour, any explenation understandable to a  beginner like me as to why the zero is causing such problems?

December 26, 2023, 03:59:20 PM
Reply #4

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Glad it works now.

As for an explanation, I had a discussion about that after spending half a day trying to fix it. But honestly I don't really remember why... I do know that the logic behind it was a lot more difficult than expected, because of the many different situations.
A simple example, some lights share the same DMX channel for dimming and strobe. So when you clear the value, you don't want to set it to the lowest value of the strobe range. (Same goes for some other types)

Anyway, happy holidays!
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk