Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Purple Cloud and CC3  (Read 718 times)

January 04, 2024, 03:26:56 PM
Read 718 times

Ade

Hello

I try to get remote control via purple cloud to CC3. Already made purple cloud account and added the ID to the CC3 and shared the analytics. I also opened the wireless 4G router's port 9000 (regarding to old topic that I read here at the forum).

I didn't get any connection.  The ID is still orange color.. CC3 bottom left corner has blinking cloud icon. Is there anything else I can try? And what about port forwarding security from CC3 to Purple Cloud? Is it safe without any additional VPN?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 10:26:21 PM by Ade »

January 05, 2024, 05:28:42 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
could you explain me more what are your connections?
Is your CueCore3 connected to a 4G router? Is there any network switch or other elements on the network or between the CueCore3 and the router?

The Cloud access is a simple webpage request so you do not need any extra port opening and it is encrypted.

The first thing to check is the Router Ip address you set in the CueCore3 settings.
Then in the NTP setting of the CueCore3, you can type this IP address: 216.239.35.8
If the IP address turns white that means that the CueCore can connect to the internet, if it stays orange, that mean that the CueCore cannot access the internet so you should have a look at you network settings.

I hope this will help you,
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 05, 2024, 07:24:09 PM
Reply #2

Ade

It was the NTP -server which I forgot to add.  Thank you!  :)

January 08, 2024, 09:19:16 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
I am glad that you get it working, but the NTP server is not supposed to be part of the cloud connection, this is a trick to check if the CueCore can connect to the internet.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 09, 2024, 05:15:11 PM
Reply #4

Ade

It was some kind of refresh issue in CC3 settings/browser. When I got Cloud ID working, was the NTP still orange color. I needed to refresh the browser and go off from settings page in CC3. After that I was able to add time server IP and it turned white immediately.

January 10, 2024, 09:21:48 AM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
OK, thank you for those extra informations, this will be helpfull. :)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk