Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: How can I allocate a button on the B-Station for the MASTER (UP/DOWN 0-100%) on  (Read 434 times)

January 27, 2024, 04:23:31 PM
Read 434 times

Toysoft

Hello,

How can I allocate a button on the B-Station for the MASTER in Console (UP/DOWN 0-100%) on the CueCore3 ?

For now the B-Control controls the first 6 playbacks.

I seen this, that partially reply to my question probably,

In the show control page create a button action list.
Add an action and edit it.
In the edit window of that action, select short press as trigger type and the button number you want to use.
Now add a task, select 'gran master".
As feature select, blackout and for function "toggle".
Now every time you press the B-station button it will switch Gran master between 0 and 100%.

Thank you,

TS
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 03:36:06 PM by Toysoft »

January 29, 2024, 10:23:40 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

It can be done probably very similar to what you already have on the B-Station2 and CueCore3. Are you using OSC to send button commands to the CueCore3?
In the CueCore3 you can use the "Playback Master" task to control the master intensity.

I would recommend using the B-Station button with the "Single dimmer"  part of the variable task. This way you can toggle the master intensity, and fade up/down by holding the button.

In Source "Button":
Task "Variable - Single Dimmer - Control: Variable 1; delta 1"

In source "Variable":
(Trigger on Channel with index variable 1)
Use the task OSC or UDP to send the value to the CueCore3 as an unsigned integer and be sure to use "Control" as the function.

In the CueCore3 in the appropriate source (OSC or UDP) add an action to receive the value (make sure the tag matches what is sent by the B-Station2, the learn function can help).
Add the "Playback Master" task and make sure it is set to "Control".

Greetings,
Bootsy

January 29, 2024, 03:35:05 PM
Reply #2

Toysoft

Thank you... but still stuck, tried all possibilities... is the Variable OK for the Button 6 ? and you have also the CueCore3 config... where I do wrong ? Can you please give me a step by step tutorial on how to do it with details below ?

On B-Control I have this,.. and I tried also UDP (Where there is the option "Unsigned Integer" (which is not on with OSC) as you quoted), but no way...

I need the button 6 of the B-Station (IP 10.0.5.16) to communicate with the CueCore3 (IP 10.0.5.27) triming the MASTER of the CueCore3 so I can put the MASTER from 0 to 100%, and down to 0%, selecting the value I want using/pressing that button 6 more or less time... so they don't need to use Kiosk just to set the MASTER UP/DOWN.

TS
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 09:28:19 PM by Toysoft »

January 30, 2024, 12:43:52 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi TS,

Looks like you almost got it, well done!  The only part missing is the OSC URI. I wasn't very clear on that in my previous message, my apologies.
The OSC task with "Send Integer" is correct. For the "parameter 1" you have to set an OSC tag/URI, which is like a unique identifier for the message that is sent.
It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as it matches on the other side, It does have to start with a slash ('/') though, and not contain spaces.
You can set it to "/osc_example".
Now on the settings page of the B-Station2, make sure to add the the IP address  and port of the CueCore3 as a target. A broadcast IP should also be fine for testing purposes. (like 255.255.255.255:8000)

Last thing is on the CueCore3 action where you control the master. In the top left, change the trigger type from "receiving" to "Message". A text field should appear for the trigger value. Here you can enter the same OSC tag as before, "/osc_example".

Then it is time to test, it should work now! If it does not work, first step is to check the monitor page, there you select "OSC" to see any incoming and outgoing messages. Make sure that the B-Station2 shows outputOSC messages when you press the button, and the CueCore3 shows incoming OSC.
Let me know if you need more help, and feel free to drop us (or your reseller) a call.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk