Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Parameter Request  (Read 11294 times)

December 04, 2009, 09:22:17 AM
Reply #15

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
Hi djarewe,

Thanks for your words. I think cuelux has a nice and easy concept. But when you you compare it with other dmx control solutions, there are some things missing, that you will need when you control your lights live. Normaly when you make a light show, you want to change scene on the fly from one cue to another without black out. In the Moment you can do that easy when you have your cues on the same bank. With a midi controler you can start both cuelists and fade between them. But normaly you have more than 8 cues... so there it's getting difficult.
The Other Point is, that i want to have a fast overide feature. (like the Blind button) Where you can change the Lights bei pressing only one Button. When i hold the button, the output should be overidden with the light scene. And after removing it, it need the normal cuelist running agagain. So when you are running a Chaser with RGB LED Pars... you want to flash sometimes all in color blue or red...
In the Moment i program me a cue with only blue, one with red, one with green and so on.. Start the cuelist with fader down and use the flash buttons. But there is the problem that the normal cuelist is running, too. So when you have programmend a chaser with red... and you flash blue, you get lilac where the Pars are red...
When you are used programs, that have that features... you don't want to be life without that.

December 07, 2009, 11:13:16 AM
Reply #16

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Eric,

Allmost all attributes in Cuelux are LTP, so activating a new Cuelist will override whatever was happening; releasing the cuelist will get the underlying effects back. There are two HTP exceptions: Dimmer & Colourmix. Dimmer is easy, I don't think this needs any discussion. Colourmix (RGB / CMY) however is a bit special because traditionally you would expect this to be LTP as well. In Cuelux it is HTP by default and you can change it into LTP in the options window. Reading your post, I suggest you change it into LTP to get the results you like.

The reason why Cuelux has HTP on the Colourmix is that nowadays so much LED products are controlled. Using HTP you can actually create really nice effect with 'overlaying' colour chases and such. But this could of course be personal taste, so therefor it's optional.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 07, 2009, 01:38:56 PM
Reply #17

Erics

• Turn The Table DJ Team
Hi Maarten,

Thanks for explain me the Options. I will try if LTP will work for my Setup. You are right when you say that it could be nice to have HTP if you want to have nice colorfades. So you make two ore more cues with different timings... and you get intresting fades.
I normaly use E:Cue when i have to control many LED Fixtures. It's great for doing LED Effects. But i don't like it for conventionals Lights and Moving Lights.
Since i have my Set of good LED Pars, i don't use my normal  PARs for Lighning small Parties. You could create any color you would like in that moment. And the people are impressed :)

February 28, 2010, 02:49:20 PM
Reply #18

Erics

• Turn The Table DJ Team
Are there any news about fixing the break function?

In the moment it seems that i am the only one that don't like that the cues are running forward when you press the break button. But for me it is realy horrible. I like to stops my cues when i have slow music or a break. And after removing the break i had everytime a color strobe on my LED Pars.

When you have a normal lightdesk like a Behringer LC2412 the break is different. When you hit the break everything stops. (in cuelux too) but in the backround the time is running only to the next step of the cue. Then it stops. So when you release the break it steps to the next step (if the time of the break was longer than the time to the next step) and from there it runs normal.

In cuelux it seems that in backround the steps are running forward. And when you release the break button it steps through all steps that have been past. So my LED pars are so fast that you see everystep in the output. And it looks like a strobo. So not nice after a break.

You can test that with cuelux 1.01 build 9.

Take fo example 8 LED Pars like me. Took the wizard to make a chase from left to right with a color you like. Turn the fade time to zero. Now make the chase running... it snaps to all the steps. Now press the break button. it stops... and when you release it... it sometimes steps fast to some more steps. It seems to be that it is depending on which step your chase is running in backround. but i don't know how to describe it better.

March 01, 2010, 12:56:13 PM
Reply #19

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Erics,

I had looked at this bug before, but could not reproduce it. Now, with your detailed explanation, i can and have fixed the bug. BTW the break function now also freezes non-chase cuelists, which I hope you all like. The fix is in v1.01.16 and is online now.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 01, 2010, 07:06:52 PM
Reply #20

Erics

• Turn The Table DJ Team
Hi Maarten,

Thanks for your work. The Break Functions seems to be ok now. I have only tested it without lights connected. But there is no strobe effect any more.

But now i have an other problem.  I had programmed a Chaser over 8 LED Pars. 1/2 Beat, Fading to 50%, A color (red) is fading from the first PAR on the left to the eight PAR on the right and than back to the left. (14 steps)

I put the BPM to 120 and start the chase. It's fading from left to rigth and back. The first steps are in sync. But than some steps seems not to fade. The are jumping hard to the next step. And after a while it jumps over some steps. When it running for a while it has nothing to do with a fading it should be. It's more like random fading.

I hope you could reproduce it. Otherwise i will try to give you more information.

Greats... and sorry for the Problems. I have only a smal setup... but it seems to be not as easy as it should be ;-)

Edit:
The Problem is in the 1.01 build 9 version also. with higher BPM you could see the problem faster.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:41:54 PM by Erics »

March 08, 2010, 10:54:42 PM
Reply #21

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"
Hi Maarten,

Thanks for your work. The Break Functions seems to be ok now. I have only tested it without lights connected. But there is no strobe effect any more.

But now i have an other problem.  I had programmed a Chaser over 8 LED Pars. 1/2 Beat, Fading to 50%, A color (red) is fading from the first PAR on the left to the eight PAR on the right and than back to the left. (14 steps)

I put the BPM to 120 and start the chase. It's fading from left to rigth and back. The first steps are in sync. But than some steps seems not to fade. The are jumping hard to the next step. And after a while it jumps over some steps. When it running for a while it has nothing to do with a fading it should be. It's more like random fading.

I hope you could reproduce it. Otherwise i will try to give you more information.

Greats... and sorry for the Problems. I have only a smal setup... but it seems to be not as easy as it should be ;-)

Edit:
The Problem is in the 1.01 build 9 version also. with higher BPM you could see the problem faster.

I think ive seen that bug too with a dimmer chase.

March 08, 2010, 11:12:51 PM
Reply #22

Erics

• Turn The Table DJ Team

I think it's a general fading problem. On my last party on saturday i tested it live. It's not realy great if steps are left out. There were only 50 people so no one noticed the problem. But i don't like it when my light don't work like they should.
It's main feature. So i think it will be fixed soon.

March 08, 2010, 11:15:12 PM
Reply #23

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"

I think it's a general fading problem. On my last party on saturday i tested it live. It's not realy great if steps are left out. There were only 50 people so no one noticed the problem. But i don't like it when my light don't work like they should.
It's main feature. So i think it will be fixed soon.

okok. hmm... glad my next gig will be very simple with mostly LEDs ;)
When is next update?

March 17, 2010, 08:51:52 AM
Reply #24

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
ok this bug is fixed now. please look out for the new release - hopefully this week...
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 17, 2010, 01:12:06 PM
Reply #25

Erics

• Turn The Table DJ Team
Thanks for the Info. I will look for the update. Perhaps we meet on Friday (26.03.2010) in Frankfurt. :-)

March 17, 2010, 05:47:09 PM
Reply #26

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
See you in Frankfurt!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk