Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Cuelux & MIDI from sequencer  (Read 35511 times)

May 15, 2010, 04:23:47 PM
Reply #60

dagwood

How soon will Cuelux be able to send out midi messages from the Generic.xml midi setup. I need to midi sequence a summer tour that starts in 2 weeks and having this feature will let me use Cuelux for many to see. Like Manny has asked for I too am using Digital Performer to sequence a light show and need to be able to access all 64 faders that have dedicated scenes.

Would you be able to tell me if it is even possible to get this done for next week? If so I will wait on programming so I can use your software. I'm connecting Cuelux directly to Digital Performer and want to move the faders on the screen and have them output midi to the computer. I see all the other templates do so but I need to access all 64 faders without bank changes.

Cuelux can send out messages on change of:
- playback fader
- playback active
- playback flash
- bank change
- blackout
- grandmaster
- fixture selection active
- programmer record
- programmer delete
- release
- stack

I would like to add these messages generic.xml soon...????????????

May 16, 2010, 12:19:18 PM
Reply #61

KnowSlumber

??? It can right now.

"Playback Fader Direct" directly accesses all the fader functions, for triggering.

Feedback is available for all the playback buttons and faders.

You just need to edit the generic.xml to suit your needs. Copy and paste from the other templates. Experiment.

Just make sure the code has a <actionlist label="whatever"> followed by a </actionlist>.

May 16, 2010, 02:55:47 PM
Reply #62

dagwood

That doesn't work for me.... I need to move the faders in Cuelux and have them output midi to Digital performer.

May 18, 2010, 04:55:53 AM
Reply #63

KnowSlumber

Can't you can do just that with the feedback code?

May 18, 2010, 06:02:11 PM
Reply #64

dagwood

I'm not sure what you mean or how you do that... Could you explain a bit more. I don't want to setup Digital Performer as a controller. I just want it to record the midi data and play it back. Digital Performer has show files full of audio tracks and video switching cues. Right now I am using a Behringer lighting desk and while rehersals are going on I run the subgroups live as the songs are taking place and record the midi out of the machines to playback later for the real show. Thus eliminating an operator.

May 18, 2010, 09:38:38 PM
Reply #65

KnowSlumber

I do similar automation/sequencing with Ableton live.

To record, you just set the MIDI output in Cuelux to Digial Performers MIDI input.

You can only have one MIDI out in Cuelux.

If you want to keep feedback to your MIDI controller, go through an intermediary MIDI program like Midipipe.

Set it to receive Cuelux feedback and relay the signal back to your Behringer and DP.

May 19, 2010, 02:07:46 PM
Reply #66

dagwood

The generic midi file doesn't output midi.. All other templates seem to do so. I'm not using a Behringer midi controller but was using a Behringer lighting desk. I have replaced that with Cuelux. I guess I should have made myself more clear. I think you are giving me help for if I wanted to use a midi controller with DP.

I just need the generic midi temp on Cuelux to output midi so I can access all 64 faders without changing banks. I will record this info by midi into DP and use this to run Cuelux during my show. All my songs have audio tracks so I can automate my lights to the tracks. This is what I use to do with the Behringer lighting desk.

I hope this is clearer. Any advice from Admin?

Thanks for everyones help so far.

May 19, 2010, 10:21:48 PM
Reply #67

KnowSlumber

You just need to edit the generic.xml to suit your needs. Copy and paste from the other templates. Experiment.

You can add it yourself.
Open the .xml you want to grab code from, copy the portion you want to use, and paste it into the genereic.xml.
That's all there is to it.

You can mix and match code from all the xml files.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:27:12 PM by KnowSlumber »

May 20, 2010, 03:56:50 PM
Reply #68

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I am adding feedback messages to the generic.xml...
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 21, 2010, 09:01:37 AM
Reply #69

KnowSlumber

give a man a fish...
 :D

July 08, 2010, 05:25:44 PM
Reply #70

bourby

So does this generic have full midi feedback now?

July 13, 2010, 04:43:36 PM
Reply #71

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
The Generic midimaps sends out feedback CCs on:

playback faders : Intensity, Speed, Attack, flash, Active, Inactive
playback buttons: Active

For this midi OUT function the same channels and CC numbers are used as the midi IN function. Please have a look at the attached PDF.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

July 16, 2010, 03:15:50 AM
Reply #72

bourby

That looks ace ..

And this is in the currently released generic.xml (ie - there's not one I need to drop in since the last software release?).

Thanks ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk