Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Multiple Fixture Requests :-)  (Read 12342 times)

December 14, 2009, 10:50:13 PM
Read 12342 times

popy

Hello.

Today I have bougth Cuelux and i will try it on 31.12 with some fixtures.
I have searched the database but couldnt find the following:

• Showtec Jumbo Strobe MKIII DMX
  • Eurolite TR-5 DMX Gobo Flower
  • VN-1200 VARYTEC Fogger
  • Varytec Multi Dimmer (DDP-405) - 4 Channel Dimmer

I have uploaded all Manuals here: http://rapidshare.com/files/320908982/DMX_Manuals.zip.html

The Showtec Jumbo Strobe MKIII have the same dmx assignment as the MKII. Please make a new fixture named MKIII.
The Fogger Manual is not really helpfull  :) but if you send "0" it does nothing/warm up and "255" it throws fog out.

Could you please create thos fixture files.
Thank you
Best Regards
pOpY

December 15, 2009, 10:46:15 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Popy,

Please find the new files attached. It is also possible to use the 'Generic' personality files for controlling dimmers, foggers and most strobes.

Instructions:
This file is written for the most recent non-beta software version, available on www.cuelux.com.
Please make sure Cuelux is not running. Then, copy the (attached) personality file into:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Visual Productions\Cuelux\Personalities\Factory (for Windows) or
/Users/user/Visual Productions/Cuelux/Personalities/Factory (for Mac Os)
Overwrite the old one. When you start up Cuelux the new file will be loaded.
Be aware that the, especially newly created, personality file that has been written for you has not been tested on the actual fixture. It is therefore always advised to test the personality file before using it in live shows.
Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties with a personality file or if you require a new one to be made for a currently unsupported fixture.

Have fun!
Maarten

[attachment deleted by admin]
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 15, 2009, 12:29:20 PM
Reply #2

popy

Hellol Maarten.

Thank you for the very very fast support  :)

If i have received the Software (ill hope this week) i will try whese and report back.

I borrow a couple of scanners, led lights and a laser for the New Year's party. If I can not find the devices in Cuelux I would appreciate your help again.

I am a newbie in scanner programming. Before i have worked with freestyler and BCF-2000 and no scanners. Do you have an more detailed german manual for cuelux? On the downloadpage the german manual is very old.

Also an other question to the BCF-2000: Cuelux is completly compatible with this midi device? Also the motor faders?

Thanks you again
Tobias

December 15, 2009, 12:36:21 PM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
I expect to update the English manual in January, from which we will make a new translation into German.

The BCF-2000 is completely supported including the motor faders. Please have a look at: http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=670.0

Just let us know if you need any other personality file; we're here to help!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 16, 2009, 12:27:21 PM
Reply #4

popy

Hello Maarten.

Thanks you for the information.

Now i have the names and manuals for the LED Lights:

• Jbsystems Light Orion LED
  • Futurelight DJ-LED QCF-400

Here you can download the manuals: http://rapidshare.com/files/321583365/Manuals_DMX2.rar.html

Could you please make here also the fixture Files.

Also i have other questions:

Regarding the joystick support. Does this work with every windows joystick (througt the windows jostick engine). Could i controll the Moving Heads Position with the joystick?

BCF2000: Is the sysec dump in the thread you have posted above actual?

Thank you
Best Regards
Tobias

December 16, 2009, 06:12:03 PM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Tobias,

please find the personality files attached. Cuelux still has difficulties controlling gobos if they are within "sub fixtures" like with the Futurelight DJ-LED QCF-400 and the 7-channel mode of the JBsystems Light Orion LED. Hopefully I can tackle this soon with software update.

Best regards,
Maarten

[attachment deleted by admin]
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 16, 2009, 08:25:55 PM
Reply #6

popy

Hello Maarten.

Thank you very much for the files. I couldnt test it today but on weekend.

Could you please answer my questions above regarding joystick...

Thanks
Tobias

December 17, 2009, 08:05:35 AM
Reply #7

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Tobias,

Djarewe's answer in http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=714.0 is correct, any USB joystick is supported.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 17, 2009, 08:12:13 AM
Reply #8

popy

Hello Maarten.

I have already read it  :) thank you.

What do you mean with "Cuelux still has difficulties controlling gobos if they are within "sub fixtures" " .
Is it impossible to select the gobos?

Best Regards
Tobias

December 17, 2009, 02:23:57 PM
Reply #9

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Gobos can be selected in fixtures.
Gobos can not be selected in sub-fixtures. I need to make an update for this (we've just never had encountered sub-fixtures with gobos before).
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 21, 2009, 12:32:02 PM
Reply #10

popy

Hello Maarten. I am a newbie to Cuelux :-)

What does this mean in my case?
What the differnece between fixtures and sub-fixt?

I have 2x LED devices of each, is the first device i add to a patch the fixture and the next the sub fixture?

What does the sub fixture (with no gobo function)? Does it show the gobo selection from the first fixture?

Thank you
Best Regards
Tobias

December 21, 2009, 03:21:41 PM
Reply #11

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Tobias,

Sub-fixtures is a bit of a difficult concept, but once you crasped it I hope you'd find it a very natural way of thinking about dmx-fixtures that house multiple fixtures inside.

this is a text from cuelux.com:

Sub-fixturesCuelux uses the concept of sub-fixtures. This means that some fixtures consist of multiple sub-fixtures, like a 10-channel dimmer rack is - in our terms - just one fixtures with 10 sub-fixtures. This also works for LED fixtures with multiple segments/pixels. In this manner the maximum of 24 will not be reached that quickly (you can add 24 x 10 = 240 dimmer channels). The reason behind the concept of sub-fixtures is that it makes patching easier; you only add the physical fixtures to your patch and you don’t have to worry about setting starting addresses per dimmer channel, or worse, per LED segment.

hope it helps to clear it up....

So you can only patch fixtures - any unit you've patched is thus a fixture. Some Fixtures contain sub-fixtures (like dimmers, pixel bars and the DJ-LED QCF-400).
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 27, 2009, 05:36:23 PM
Reply #12

popy

Hello Maarten.

I have tested the files with the following result:

* Showtec Jumbo Strobe MKIII DMX - works
    * Eurolite TR-5 DMX Gobo Flower - not tested yet
    * VN-1200 VARYTEC Fogger - works
    * Varytec Multi Dimmer (DDP-405) - 4 Channel Dimmer - works

* Jbsystems Light Orion LED - works, but could you make it that i could select a gobo for each of the four lens? Or is it the same problem with the sub fixtures?
    * Futurelight DJ-LED QCF-400 - DOESNT work at ALL - the blackout doesnt work and could select no gobo - the subfixture-gobo problem ... please fix this.

Best Regards
Tobias

February 09, 2010, 08:13:03 PM
Reply #13

popy

Hello Maarten.

Now i have tested the TR-5 but not all function works correctly. The following works:

* select a gobo
 * rotate the gobo

the following doesnt work:

* strobe
 * doesnt close the shutter if the master dimmer is down

for the strobe i have added a "<strobe>" section and it works, but if press the strobe button in cuelux the TR-5s doesnt strobe.

Could you please check/correct the fixture that the strobe & "dimmer" works.

Another question to the "Jbsystems Light Orion LED". If i use the new cueluxe 1.01, could i select a gobo for each of the four lens?

And finally one question to the "Futurelight DJ-LED QCF-400": Does ist now work with 1.01.

If yes, should i use the fixture files above or the ones from the cuelux v1.01 release?

Best Regards
Tobias

February 10, 2010, 10:12:31 AM
Reply #14

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Tobias,

Yes please use the files in v1.01.9 there are the newest. Also you should be able to control the all the lenses now.

Regarding the 'orion' fixture:
- which mode do you use? 4-channel or 7-channel
- does the dimmer funtion work?
- shall we set the fixture fixed to 'pattern' mode? 'chase' mode reuses the strobe channel, which might be confusing.
- the manual says there is a shutter and a strobe range on Ch3, but it doesn't indicate a 'idle' or 'no function' range. I am sure this is a fault in the manual, otherwise the unit would not work properly. Do you know a DMX value range on Channel 3 where there is no shutter or strobe active?
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk