Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Programmer questions  (Read 2275 times)

December 20, 2009, 11:13:47 PM
Read 2275 times

Svet

Hi.
1. If the fixture has two color wheels or two (or more) gobo wheels ( for example my Elation Power Spot 700II has two color and three gobo wheels) and all of them has scroll feature programmer gives you control for only one color and one gobo scroll. Also it scrolls only in one direction (even if fixture can fo cw and ccw). I tryed to fix the personality with limited success (using "custom" page which is not very convenient). Is there other way? Initially you put scroll on all wheels in personalities, but only one is accessable from the programmer.
2. Also I did not find any fixtures with working "shake" function (it present in the personality but the shake fader in the programmer is still greyed out).
3. I guess only "custom" faders can be renamed?
4. Gobo rotation and indexing are on the same DMX channel and if you move indexing fader the rotation fader will jump to middle (0) position and vice versa. Gobo (color) slots and scroll function are also on the same DMX channel but if you select gobo (color) and then move scroll fader they both will stay selected and this is kind of confusing (DMX values are correct, but what did you clicked last - slot or scroll?). By the way, I tryed to write prism indexing in personality same style as gobo indexing. Result was weird - probably syntax mistakes (I can send you the file).
5. What is the lable on the last fader in Effect section? I cannot read it and I didn't find fixture with this fader active.

Thank you,
  Svet.

December 21, 2009, 10:44:12 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Svet,

1. You're right. The personality files support scroll for each wheel, although only in one direction. The Cuelux UI only features a scroll control for the first (color/gobo) wheel. It's just a matter of the lack of screen space to add more controls. If the demand is there then I don't mind extending the personality file system to support both cw and ccw scrolling, so far I just haven't the added advantage for choosing a direction on a scroll.

2. Yes, this is a bug. The Shake control should become available. I'll sort it out.

3. Correct, only the customs can be renamed. Please keep those names short as there is little space in the UI

4. Well spotted. The engine is strong in realizing some functions share the same DMX channel and are therefor mutually exclusive. But it would be better if the both scenarios you've outlines behave consistent. I will address it.

5. This is the 'Barrel' control. E.g. Martin Acrobat uses it.

Thank you for your feedback!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk