Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: New version (?) and some questions  (Read 3107 times)

December 25, 2009, 11:13:21 AM
Read 3107 times

Event-Light

Whats all going to change in the new version? This version comes in Januari?

Also, it would be nice to change the speed of all the chases by one playback master (like one which control the BPM).

Others:
- Sound input would be nice
- Change the desklight in something usefull, like a clock (that also gives the seconds)

Is there a way to fast change from ''fade'' towards ''snap'' when you play a little chase with pars, so that you can change the attack of a playbackmaster with pressing one button

Last question:

Is it possible to diffrent speeds for playbackfaders? Like playback fader 1 has a speed of 48 bpm and playbackfader 2 a speed of 57 BPM at the same time.

December 28, 2009, 10:43:45 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi,

I expect to bring out a new release in January. So far I have already prepared:

- manually adjusting the BPM (not via a fader though)
- a clock (not in place of the infamous desklight though)

Furthermore:

- sound input is certainly on the roadmap, but not in January
- when a cuelist is set to 'chase' then the 'attack' level will balance between 'fade' and 'snap' (Cue menu -> edit a cuelist -> change 'attak' slider)
- when cuelist are not set to 'chase' they have individual timings set by the fade times and the speed level, so not controllable in a BPM fashion

best regards,
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 29, 2009, 01:44:34 PM
Reply #2

Event-Light

- when a cuelist is set to 'chase' then the 'attack' level will balance between 'fade' and 'snap' (Cue menu -> edit a cuelist -> change 'attak' slider)

Thanks for your reply, is there a faster way to change this? Like a programmable button to switch between fade and snap, editing the cuelist works fine, but it takes some time to do (when you are having a show it would be nice if it can get faster)

December 30, 2009, 04:30:08 PM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
In the next release you would be able to do it a bit faster (double click 'playback indicator' -> change 'attak' slider).

With 'playback indicator' I am refering to the little 'display' above each playback.

Alternatively, you could consider using a Behringer BCF-2000, the encoders are mapped on the speed level (encouder group 1) and on the attack level (encoder group 2).
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

January 21, 2010, 05:58:49 PM
Reply #4

Event-Light

Just another question:

In the new beta cuelux version you have those 2 arrows (left and right), I dont use that function (I dont know about others?) but is it possible to keep those 2 buttons but let you control the direction of the chases with it? So when I have a chase with my pars I can easy go from 1-2-3-4 towards 4-3-2-1.

Look at the next video to see what I would like to also see in Cuelux (if it is possible)
It will be showed from 3:56 until 4:26.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxZOCNvDmQ

So this would be my idee:

--> button:
- Runs a chase in the
FORWARD direction.
- Steps a stack forward when editing.

<-- button:
- Runs a chase in the
REVERSE direction.
- Steps a stack backwards when editing.

New button between the 2 arrows:
- Used to STOP a chase or
STEP a stopped chase.

So with this you could change the direction of the chases, and you could manual step trough chases.

Also, is it possible to select (or make a button to select) chases (Playbackfaders or playback buttons) and only change the speed (and direction if added) without changing the others?

So you could give Playbackfader1 a speed of 20 PBM and playbackfader2 a speed of 120 BPM on a fast way (which can get changed fast also)

January 22, 2010, 02:10:27 PM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi,

I think some people would find the arrow quite usefull how they are. I might be able to add the posibility to reverse to order on a cuelist in 'chase' mode.
All chases are triggered by the BPM tempo, that keeps them nicely synchronised. You can make a chase slower by setting it to 1/2 or 1/4, etc. With the 'Break' button freezing all chases.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk