Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueLux - BCF2000 Small Tutorial and questions  (Read 86632 times)

June 20, 2013, 06:47:41 PM
Reply #90

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
yes if cuelus do not see the file anymore you should have done something wrong, but to say what it's a bite difficult without the file...
First try to check all your open/close balises
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

June 20, 2013, 06:53:37 PM
Reply #91

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl

June 20, 2013, 09:41:45 PM
Reply #92

Dennis Kromhout

If the XML file contains errors it will ignore it without warning.
It might help opening the XML in Firefox for example because it give's more details:

Code: [Select]
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 368, Column 23:        <trigger type=”Midi”specifier=”Change”>Channel 0 – Message 11 – Index 25</trigger>

So it looks like you used the ” instead of the "' character.
Dennis Kromhout

June 20, 2013, 09:56:32 PM
Reply #93

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Such a little detail ;) I found it, and after that 2 other errors, and fixed them. Now our new member Rio can enjoy his new midimap ;)

June 21, 2013, 08:17:38 PM
Reply #94

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
After another fault with 2 diferent -  I found out a code isn't working yet...
Code: [Select]
        <action>
<trigger type="Midi" specifier="Change">Channel 0 - Message 11 - Index 64</trigger>
<tasks>
<task type="Special" feature="Tempo Restart" function ="Control" />
</tasks>
        </action>

What did i do wrong?

June 25, 2013, 10:22:48 AM
Reply #95

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
i'm not sure the "tempo restart" is a real key word for cuelus, i think it should be a "break".
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

June 25, 2013, 12:40:40 PM
Reply #96

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
No i mean the midi code to reset the BPM to 120. The API sais tempo restart, but i tried tempo reset too.
My customer loves to use the midimap finished this evening on a gig.

June 25, 2013, 02:30:01 PM
Reply #97

Dennis Kromhout

In Cuelux "Tempo Restart" is used to get the BMP back in sync incase it got shifted.
It doesn't reset the BMP value.

For CueluxPro there isn't a midi api available as it gets changed now and then.
Dennis Kromhout

July 06, 2013, 03:32:07 PM
Reply #98

seacraw

Hello everybody,

i'm going to get an BCF2000 on Monday. I read this post and download the .syx file in this post (f.y.i, i have an mac.). Now i control cuelux with an Launchpad and an korg nanokontrol2. From Monday i will replace the korg by the bcf. I have changed the Nanokontrol, so he sent and receive the midi datas to channel 2. I changed it with the korg-kontroll-editor. that is necessary, because i've made a multiple midi-map (Launchpad + NanoKontrol2)

How can i change the channel in the BCF2000 ? must i changed the content in the .syx-File ?

Greets, Jens

July 06, 2013, 06:14:58 PM
Reply #99

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
I'll help you :D
In the zip file which you can download here: http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=2911.0
Is a SysEx file of page 2 (p2 or page 2 is behind the name)
There is also a tutorial of dumping SysEx to your BCF in it, but you just have to dump the P2 file to the first preset on your BCF.
Have fun!

July 07, 2013, 11:50:25 AM
Reply #100

seacraw

Hy Nijst001,

thank you very much !

i've dowloaded your files. I'll try it when i get the device. But one question: the post-link goes to cueluxpro-forum. I have cuelux. Is this a problem ?

Greets, Jens

July 07, 2013, 01:19:39 PM
Reply #101

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
No. It is only the configuration of your BCF. It changes the channel of all faders, knobs, ... To channel 2.
The thing what special is for cuelux pro is the midimap which is included. It gives you full control over the buttons, the same as the faders.

April 01, 2014, 11:02:12 AM
Reply #102

djbobbyb

Hi,

has anyone got a mapping created which allows you to use the buttons as well? With the file at the start of the tutorial, I can only use the faders and bpm trigger - but the bpm trigger has to be pressed twice to get it to move, so tapping on a 100bpm track only shows me a value of 50bpms?

Also, is there anyway of selecting the blinder channel and joining it to a DMX Channel for my showtec Blinders - not DMXed, they will just run of a plug/dmx controller.

Any updates? Thanks in advance.

April 09, 2014, 08:12:50 AM
Reply #103

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
to solve your first problem you need to update the sysex file of the BCF.
You can transfert the sysex file you will findin the visual production folder to the bcf using midiOX.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 04, 2015, 02:07:54 AM
Reply #104

MikkoLD

Hi there! I'm new to cuelux. I wasted a lot of time to configure the bfc2000. But cmacrae and Klaus made my day! Thank you so much! I had the problem that the faders were not running smoothly. Good hint with the Global setup and encoder 7! Yeah!

BUT: I still have the problem that my flash Buttons just working as a toggle. Same to the Faders's Playback buttons. Where can I change it? On the BFC? On the XML file? On the sysex? Please give me a hint and the best would be an explanation how to do...

thanks in advance,

Cheers Mikko

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk