Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueLux - BCF2000 Small Tutorial and questions  (Read 113510 times)

March 08, 2010, 01:28:06 AM
Reply #15

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"
i got my BCF2000 with cuelux, works great.

I miss a button wing to have push effects tho..

March 09, 2010, 09:09:46 PM
Reply #16

popy

Hello Maarten.

Tomorrow i will update to the newest build. Could there be any problems with my custom bcf2000 mapper?

I am using your first sysexdump from this thread, is this ok for the newest build, or should ill use your second?

thanks popy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:12:27 PM by popy »

March 11, 2010, 08:31:30 AM
Reply #17

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Popy,

I expect the first sysex dump to work fine. I made the second version only because the first version would not upload using a Mac tool, the second did.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 11, 2010, 12:57:08 PM
Reply #18

popy

Hello Maarten.

Thanks for the answer, it works very good with the first sysex dump and the newest build of cuelux.

Yesterday i have updated my CueLux to the newest v1.01 Build 16.

First of all NOW (after some work) it runs very stable and there are no crashes or deadlocks on startup. The older Version sometimes had this problem -> click cuelux.exe, the proccess appears in the task manager and went away afer a few seconds. Or it displays a black window with cuelux-style mouse curser and so on.

After updating to the newest build i also experienced a problem, after some testes i changed the following things:

• Removed the B-Control Drivers from System and use the default windows xp midi driver (which driver is best?)
  • Removed my custom BCF2000 Map file and take the new one (from factory dir).

I'll think there is something wrong with my old custom map file.

Here you can download 2x Mapper Files (one from older Build - named old and the one from the newer build - with my changes - named new): http://rapidshare.com/files/361899023/CUELUX.zip.html

The old mapper file makes cuelux very instable on startup, the new one works perfectly.

Please take a look in the old, may you could find the problem in the software and work around or implement something to prevent of using old mapper files.

Maybe this helps other Users if they want to update to newer build.

Another Question regarding Stacks: Is there any manual out there? I want to use this function but dont know how.

and the next question to my behringer mapper file. I have changed one button to ;D

<action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Change">Channel 0 - Message 11 - Index 91</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Special" feature="Blackout" function ="Toggle"/>
                    </tasks>
            </action>

The blackout button works until i'll press it. In my mapper file i have used function Toggle, but it doesent seems to work!?

One more time: I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH THE LATEST VERSION. PLEASE GIVE THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR TEAM!!

Best Regards
Tobias

PS: Sorry for my english  :)

March 15, 2010, 11:10:38 AM
Reply #19

raystream

can anybody make such a nice pic like in the following post:

http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=617.0

for the bcf2000 in cuelux?

here is the original pic
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 11:19:29 AM by raystream »

March 15, 2010, 02:50:51 PM
Reply #20

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
can anybody make such a nice pic like in the following post:

http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=617.0

for the bcf2000 in cuelux?

Hi Raystream,

If I understand right you are wanting to make a good image for marketing?

I will email you a link where you can download a selection of Cuelux images & logo to add to your BCF graphic.  Sorry I don't have one to hand already!

Greetings Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

March 15, 2010, 05:42:50 PM
Reply #21

raystream

no i would like to have a pic of the controller showing which button/fader has what function
like the lower pic in the mentioned post for canvix

March 15, 2010, 10:40:41 PM
Reply #22

popy

Could you also PLease take a look at my post above.

Thx
Tobias

March 18, 2010, 10:40:00 AM
Reply #23

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 18, 2010, 11:29:38 AM
Reply #24

raystream

thank you
thats great now i know where all the buttons will be.
is it possible to change the config so that the buttons will work like this:

March 19, 2010, 09:20:26 AM
Reply #25

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
I choose to supply one version of a midimap with Cuelux but i totally understand that you might prefer a different layout.

Please feel free to customize the midimap:
- go to your user/mydocuments folder -> \Visual Productions\Cuelux\midimap
- copy \factory\behringer.xml to \user\behringer.xml
- edit the file with a text editor.

You can easily change the 4 function buttons in the bottom right corner of the bcf. As far as I know the 'encoder group' buttons do not tranmit any midi message them selves, so it would not be possible to assign fucntions directly to these buttons.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 19, 2010, 09:30:54 AM
Reply #26

popy

Hello Maarten.

Thanks for the answer, it works very good with the first sysex dump and the newest build of cuelux.

Yesterday i have updated my CueLux to the newest v1.01 Build 16.

First of all NOW (after some work) it runs very stable and there are no crashes or deadlocks on startup. The older Version sometimes had this problem -> click cuelux.exe, the proccess appears in the task manager and went away afer a few seconds. Or it displays a black window with cuelux-style mouse curser and so on.

After updating to the newest build i also experienced a problem, after some testes i changed the following things:

• Removed the B-Control Drivers from System and use the default windows xp midi driver (which driver is best?)
  • Removed my custom BCF2000 Map file and take the new one (from factory dir).

I'll think there is something wrong with my old custom map file.

Here you can download 2x Mapper Files (one from older Build - named old and the one from the newer build - with my changes - named new): http://rapidshare.com/files/361899023/CUELUX.zip.html

The old mapper file makes cuelux very instable on startup, the new one works perfectly.

Please take a look in the old, may you could find the problem in the software and work around or implement something to prevent of using old mapper files.

Maybe this helps other Users if they want to update to newer build.

Another Question regarding Stacks: Is there any manual out there? I want to use this function but dont know how.

and the next question to my behringer mapper file. I have changed one button to ;D

<action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Change">Channel 0 - Message 11 - Index 91</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Special" feature="Blackout" function ="Toggle"/>
                    </tasks>
            </action>

The blackout button works until i'll press it. In my mapper file i have used function Toggle, but it doesent seems to work!?

One more time: I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH THE LATEST VERSION. PLEASE GIVE THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR TEAM!!

Best Regards
Tobias

PS: Sorry for my english  :)

Push

March 20, 2010, 09:45:53 AM
Reply #27

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Tobias,

Sorry to have kept you waiting.

- the syntax in the midimap.xml is still changing a little as I make further improvements. I recommend always using the files from the latest release, these files are automatically installed in the user/cuelux/midimap/factory folder.

- For the time being while I have not updated the manual yet, please read http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=893.0 for more info on Stacks

- the "Change" keyword in your midimap code will trigger this action on a level change, in this case that will be an ButtonDown and a ButtonUp Event. Alternative keywords are "Down" and "Up" and correspond to those single events. So currently with one button press the action will be trigger twice, performing a toggle twice, resulting in I think a little flash on the blackout. I recommend changing the keyword "Change" into "Down" for the desired effect.

regards,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 20, 2010, 06:02:19 PM
Reply #28

popy

Hi Maarten.

No Problem.

- ok i am understanding but if you check the user/cuelux/midimap/user files if it is compatible with your current syntax you could prevent that new users have problem on updating.

- Thanks for this  :)

- I will try it, thanks

cu
pOpY

April 15, 2010, 04:11:45 PM
Reply #29

f.m.

Hi, Cuelux people! We are learning how to use this great software and setting it with a BCF2000. Thanks for the sysex files and the links for the Mac apps. The only problem I have with the BCF is the Go/Rel button. All the other buttons work fine, but this one doesn't do anything. If I press the button in the software with my mouse, the led in the BCF lits (If I press the mouse again the led still lits), but if I press the button in the BCF, the software does nothing... Anyone can help me? Thank you very much anyway

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk