Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueLux - BCF2000 Small Tutorial and questions  (Read 113626 times)

February 10, 2011, 09:12:12 AM
Reply #60

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
Hi Luka,
Perhaps you can try it with the flash-button and the fader start option. Than the cuelist starts when you push the flash-button and it stops when you release it.

February 10, 2011, 09:34:23 AM
Reply #61

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Is it posible, to do something that the buttons in MIDI controler works like a mouse? So if i want to start playback in have to push button 2 times. Ist's not like i click on mouse;(

hi Luka,

Welcome aboard  :)
It sounds to me like an issue you get when the special Cuelux sysex file is not loaded into your BCF yet. Please have a read at the beginning of this thread.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 29, 2011, 10:40:24 AM
Reply #62

der_juli_dude

Hello,

I've got two problems with the speed/attack feedback:

Playback Button speed-feedback:

I tried this code but it doesn't work:

<action>
    <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">Playback Button 01 LevelSec</trigger>
         <tasks>
             <task type="Midi" function ="Control">
                  <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 0 - Message 11 - Index 1</argument>
              </task>
          </tasks>
</action>

Playback Fader attack-feedback:

<action>
  <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">Playback Fader 1 Attack</trigger>
     <tasks>
        <task type="Midi" function ="Control">
             <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 0 - Message 11 - Index 25</argument>
        </task>
      </tasks>
</action>

Is this the right code oder do I have to change something?

Best regards,
Juli

March 29, 2011, 01:01:19 PM
Reply #63

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
i already tried a lot's of thing to get the speed and attack feedback, but the solution is very simple!
there are no feedback implemented in cuelux for speed and attack buttons...so you have to wait for new releases with the improovement!
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

April 14, 2011, 07:29:21 PM
Reply #64

frett

i whished i have never bought a midideck like bcf, i missunderstand that all. i only want to proramm and drive a show, never i want to programm any mididecks.

are there any cuelux trainings in netherland or germany? normaly i work with focus nt, its so easy! cuelux not.
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
macbook pro 10.6  thinkpad z61m win xp and iphone as remote

April 14, 2011, 08:21:37 PM
Reply #65

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
Hi Frett, i think cuelux is not realy difficult. But normaly you only need to tranfer the midi sysex file and than you can work with the the bcf with cuelux. You need only coding if you want a different mapping.
And for the training. Were do you live? so maybe someone near to you can help you. 

April 15, 2011, 04:09:51 PM
Reply #66

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Frett,

All you need to do is upload the sysex file into your BCF using the steps described at the beginning of this thread. You don't to programm the BCF or Cuelux at all. Just select the correct midi settings in Cuelux.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

April 25, 2011, 01:19:00 PM
Reply #67

Pascal B.

hello,
are there any possibilities to control the parameters like rgb, gobos, tilt, pan with a bcf-2000?
I don't want to work with the mouse and the elation midicon is too expensive for having no motorized faders. Are there other alternatives for controlling the parameters and also the playback faders? Or is someone selling his Midicon or perhaps his tascam us-2400?

greetings from germany

April 26, 2011, 06:19:14 PM
Reply #68

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
modifying the midimap file you can do what ever you want...so you can contro the 3 first programmer chanle of each page if you want...
but now if you put these 3 value on some faders on the bcf you will loose this space to put some playback fader...so you have to chosse what is the more usefull for you!!
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 14, 2011, 11:44:25 PM
Reply #69

michaela.studeny

Hi, I had my first show yesterday using cuelux, the bcf 2k with some new equipment and the equipment of the venue - it all worked, and me and the guys of the band i'm working for are very happy :) :)

besides, i still have an unsolved problem with programming the push encoders of the bcf 2k:

the push-function of e.g. encoder 1 should start the playback-button 1 in cuelux (in the upper section, not the one above the fader!) , pushing encoder 2 should start playback button 2 a.s.o.
right now i have to start it with the mouse in cuelux, but i'd like to have full control with both hands on one device...

i'm not very much into programming midi, i've dumped the sysex file into the bcf, and except for the p. encoders, all other functions are working, is there maybe some newer version of the sysex file i may have overseen?

thanks and greets from austria, michaela

June 07, 2011, 11:20:26 PM
Reply #70

AntwerpDJ

Ok people, Thanks for all the helpfull information here on the forum. I have everything working and I have replaced the fog button on the BCF 2000 with a strobo button. :) Now I want to have blinder, break , release and maybe other buttons in place of the flash buttons above the sliders. Does anybody know what I have to change in the midimapping? which index numbers are the flash buttons 1 till 8 in the original mapping? ??? Thanks for your reply!!

June 08, 2011, 08:41:07 AM
Reply #71

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Ok people, Thanks for all the helpfull information here on the forum. I have everything working and I have replaced the fog button on the BCF 2000 with a strobo button. :) Now I want to have blinder, break , release and maybe other buttons in place of the flash buttons above the sliders. Does anybody know what I have to change in the midimapping? which index numbers are the flash buttons 1 till 8 in the original mapping? ??? Thanks for your reply!!
The simplest way to know wich midi chanel is each button is to use the midiox software you can download here:http://www.midiox.com/
once it's runing, you configure your midid device as it's sayed in the first post of this topic:
Configure MidiOX:

Config your Midi Interface. Go to Menu "Options\MidiDevices" and select your BCF2000 on the right (out deviced) an left side (in devices).
    Press ok, and turn any fader, encoder, button on the bcf. You should see hex data in the midi OX main window. If this is ok, follow the next steps. If not, check your device manager if you could see the bcf2000.
and then when you will moove one fader or push one button of the BCF you will see on the sceen the midi chanel value!

The next step is to find the line corresponding to this midi chanel in the midimap file and then change the action corresponding to!
have fun...

ANd to know what are the key word for actions you can read this doc:
http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1609.0;attach=357

Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

June 11, 2011, 08:41:28 AM
Reply #72

Tobi

• Burger Mediendesign
i already tried a lot's of thing to get the speed and attack feedback, but the solution is very simple!
there are no feedback implemented in cuelux for speed and attack buttons...so you have to wait for new releases with the improovement!

same with me. I tried to assign the playback buttons to the upper wheels, but did't receive any feedback  from speed or attack on my BCF :-(
Are there plans to add this feature in the next release?

July 28, 2011, 07:45:11 PM
Reply #73

cmacrae

• www.infohost.co.uk
Hey guys,

My BCF2000 faders are really slow at responding. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
Cal

July 29, 2011, 08:16:10 AM
Reply #74

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
you should tell us waht kind of system you use...
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk