Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: BCF2000 Bug?  (Read 3561 times)

December 30, 2009, 11:57:23 PM
Read 3561 times

popy

Hello.

I think i have found a bug with the bcf2000. Ill think its a bcf2000 problem, but please take a look at it.

To reproduce do the following:

Programme a few cuelists at several banks, so that the fader are on different positions on each bank. Now use the bank increment and decrement buttons and quickly change those banks. After a few changes the BCF doesent react. Also if you want to close cuelux it hangs, because of the bcf2000. If you pull out the usb cable of the bcf, cuelux closes correctly.

After plugging in again and restarting cuelux, all is working correctly. If you change the banks slowly (1sec) its no problem.

Please look at it and give me feedback.

Best Regards
Tobias

December 31, 2009, 12:30:57 AM
Reply #1

vnx

Hi,

I also experienced this a couple of times. Last time was today with the most recent version of cuelux on Windows XP. Today I also installed some other drivers for the Behringer unit, as I frequently had the problem that my BCF wasn't properly recognized by the operating system or was only half-working in Cuelux. Maybe the bug is just related to the drivers and not Cuelux itself. I have a show this evening with Cuelux and the BCF. I'll let you know if the other drivers fixed the behaviour.  At least the operating system and Cuelux now recognize the BCF more reliably...

Best,

Ben
Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

December 31, 2009, 08:29:47 AM
Reply #2

Svet

What drivers you are talking about?

December 31, 2009, 11:01:40 AM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I haven't noticed this issue with the BCF myself yet. I haven't used any drivers for the BCF. I do know that Cuelux can hang up on exit when it is not capable to close down the MIDI connection.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 31, 2009, 11:07:28 AM
Reply #4

popy

I have also tried the original Windows XP Drivers and BCF2000 Drivers from Behringer Homepage.

Its the same problem with booth drivers. Ill think its a problem when the faders of the BCF2000 moves (when you switch to other bank) and during they moves you switch to an other bank. If you repeat this quickly you i can reproduce this issue.

Ill think its not a cuelux problem because after i had this issue i have closed down cuelux with taskmanager and open midiox. The BCF2000 is dead and doesent send any midi signal until you restart it (plug it out and in again).

Maybe cuelux can take care about this and make a timed fifo for the faders. This could be a workaround...

I also have a gig this night an will report back.

Happy new year
Tobas

December 31, 2009, 03:08:42 PM
Reply #5

vnx

Hi,

@Svet: Berhinger appears to have two different drivers on their homepage, of which I really don't know how they differ:
http://www.behringer.de/EN/Support/B-Control-Downloads.aspx.
I now tried the Universal USB MIDI Driver which appears to work a bit more reliable for me at the moment...

Best,

Ben

Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

December 31, 2009, 05:46:23 PM
Reply #6

popy

For me its the same on all drivers: XP, Behringer BCF2000 & Universal Behringer.

Best Regards and Happy New Year
Tobias

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk