Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Art-Net Tutorial  (Read 8481 times)

February 15, 2010, 06:48:14 PM
Read 8481 times

120decibel

Hi!

I'm new to art-net and visualizing. Can someone give a quick walkthrough on how to visualize the controlling from Cuelux?

I'm guessing you make your simulated environment with fixtures in, for example, wysiwyg and then add the fixtures in Cuelux. Will it just work then?

Any help appreciated.
 :D

February 15, 2010, 07:23:52 PM
Reply #1

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"
Hi!

I'm new to art-net and visualizing. Can someone give a quick walkthrough on how to visualize the controlling from Cuelux?

I'm guessing you make your simulated environment with fixtures in, for example, wysiwyg and then add the fixtures in Cuelux. Will it just work then?

Any help appreciated.
 :D

hi there!

Art-net is very simple.

1. Make shure you have the cuecable connected. Enable art-net in options.
2. Open visulizer. In wysiwyg, find where to add input devices(i think theres an free plugin for artnet)add it and make shure it connects to the same ip cuelux sends on. In capture polar visulizer, open and it finds the artnet under the external universes.
3. Patch all fixtures. in wysiwyg, patch to the artnet universe. In capure polar, just patch to the universe you connected the artnet universe you assigned.

Thats a very simple tutorial.

Is recommended to run the visualizer on another pc/mac for best performance(and screen space(=. )

if you gets any prob ill try to help. I dont have wysiwyg here at the moment.

February 15, 2010, 07:59:51 PM
Reply #2

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"
btw, i was writing from my phone so i could not write to much :P

yes artnet and visulizers are great for planning stages with fixture placement.

wysiwyg is awesome, has some really handy tools for planning electrics, weight, trusses etc etc.. a software all light engineer should know and how to use properly.

April 28, 2010, 03:20:56 PM
Reply #3

High Contrast

I can connect them, may its a Cuelux Bug:

When i tip in a IP-Adresse,eg 192.101.10.1, then it always takes just the first number, befor the dot. In this case 192.

So i cant tip in a real ip-adresse to connect with WYG.

Bug, or am i just unable to do it right?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:18:12 PM by High Contrast »
Trail & Error

April 29, 2010, 11:09:22 AM
Reply #4

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Do you mean to enter an IP address in Cuelux? Because that is not possible. Cuelux uses the IP address of your computer and only shows it in your options windows. This is for the iPhone remote control; it is not related to the Art-Net function.

Sending out Art-Net from Cuelux is dead-simple. Just Enable Art-Net (and have the CueCable connected) and off you go. Make sure your Cuelux PC is connected to your visualizer PC (in the same network) and your visualizer should detect the Art-Net data send from Cuelux.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

April 29, 2010, 09:41:33 PM
Reply #5

High Contrast

In my Cuelux (latest version) is no IP shown in this field.
 Iam running Cuelux and WYG on the same pc. I enable Art-net on Cuelux and open the deviece manager in Wyg. I pressed "discover nodes" and just the WYG node is discoverd, nothing else.

And then i treid some deviece and tryed to connect to them. no way, just errors for no connection. so it seems, that wyg doesnt find the art-net from cuelux.

someone else works with it?

Btw. is there a more detailed manual ? for e.g. witch explains Stack, Release and so on?
Trail & Error

April 30, 2010, 12:04:58 PM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Cuelux needs to show an IP address in order for the Artnet to work.
A reason for no IP address to be shown, could be that your computer is not attached to any network and has not been assigned any IP address.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

April 30, 2010, 10:14:12 PM
Reply #7

High Contrast

There is no ip, but im in a network. I also tryed Wygalizer, it shows me my ip and this just confirmed, that i am in a network.
My PCB Version is 1.2 abd Firmware is 1.03 and Art-Net is enabled.
Trail & Error

May 03, 2010, 11:51:26 PM
Reply #8

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
I can't get it working with wysiwyg  ???
How I can setup an artnet-connection with wysiwyg?

May 04, 2010, 12:11:35 PM
Reply #9

Jeroen van der Velden

• http://www.visualproductions.nl
Jeroen van der Velden
Moving light operator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk