Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Fader wishes.  (Read 9823 times)

February 17, 2010, 06:01:18 PM
Read 9823 times

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"
Hi all

its long until next christmas...

Wish 1:

"Fast toggle off"
Its really annoying to hold the go button to make it stop.. please make an option for this... :(
same for "go buttons"

Wish 2:

"Cue fader at 0% stops assigned cue"
This is also a very handy option.. would really speed things up..

Wish 3:

This is for major updates..

i noticed when i was testing some things out that it was very easy to get confused by all layers.
The problem is that the text above all faders are so smal, its hard to read them fast.

soo.. what to do about it? well i got an idea..

for those of us who uses controllers for cuelux, we dont use the faders on the screen. so the faders in cuelux become just a lack of screen space.

It would be nice to turn them of, really..

take a look at my concept image.

now that would be so so so nice..
an alternative method would be to have multi monitor support and show fader info there or something..

Ive posted a lot these days, hope i dont get annoying.. ;)

cheers
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:38:27 AM by kinglevel »

February 17, 2010, 06:59:09 PM
Reply #1

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl

Thank you for posting!  You do not get annoying, your feedback and ideas are very useful. 

Have a good evening, greetings Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

February 18, 2010, 12:35:30 AM
Reply #2

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"

Thank you for posting!  You do not get annoying, your feedback and ideas are very useful. 

Have a good evening, greetings Zoe

great :)

I have another two wishes.. ;P

1. Groups on faders:

The fader is just a intensity master for the incoming cues.
There should be an option for this... i want the group master to control the dimmer on all fixtures in the group.

2. Start cue if fader is greater than 1%.

Nice to have this option. Maybe a cue specific option?

I know! cues should have more options! like, how they should be started, stopped, toggled, fader controlling option etcetc... that could solve many things!

February 18, 2010, 10:12:10 PM
Reply #3

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi all

its long until next christmas...
I'm glad it is.. ;)

Wish 1:

"Fast toggle off"
Its really annoying to hold the go button to make it stop.. please make an option for this... :(
same for "go buttons"
There already is an option for this. First hit [Release] (in v1.01b9 it's on the right). Then hit the go button you want to stop :)

Wish 2:

"Cue fader at 0% stops assigned cue"
This is also a very handy option.. would really speed things up..
I though that Maarten was working on this right now. Will probably in the next release.

Wish 3:

This is for major updates..

i noticed when i was testing some things out that it was very easy to get confused by all layers.
The problem is that the text above all faders are so smal, its hard to read them fast.

soo.. what to do about it? well i got an idea..

for those of us who uses controllers for cuelux, we dont use the faders on the screen. so the faders in cuelux become just a lack of screen space.

It would be nice to turn them of, really..

take a look at my concept image.

now that would be so so so nice..
an alternative method would be to have multi monitor support and show fader info there or something..
I like your concept. ;D
But I think the controls that are on your concept-sketch are a bit small. For users that are using a touchscreen (like me), it would be very annoying when I keep pressing wrong controls because the controls are so small ;)

But thanks for removing the desklight ;)

Of course not. Like your feedback. :)

February 18, 2010, 10:23:41 PM
Reply #4

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"
hehe ok :P

"Fast toggle off"
What if i wanna stop 3 cues at the same time.. i must press release 3 times and corresponding cues?
Well it works, but not very good :P:P

"Cue fader at 0%"
okok nicenice.
Btw i tested cuelux with a Robe Spot 250xt today, worked great.
But when i have a cue with a strobe, fader at 0%, works fine, no strobe until i drag the fader up to a value on the strobe parameter.

BUT, when i drag it down, its kinda hard to make it stop. couse the bcf2000 fader is not really at 0 of 127 value. its closer to 1-2. so its very hard to make it stop.. any ideas to fix this?

Same problem with other cues.. maybe a "midi gate" or something would do the trick? i dunno, you tell me :P

"Concept drawing"

haha thanks.

I know the buttons are very small, as you saw i put every "page" on almost one page.  that could be redone with maybe 3 normal-size pages instead of one.

hah, the desklight.. well.. i redesigned the whole desk quite a bit, but then i decided to take some things away, new display etc etc.. so i removed it just to show the main idea.

February 18, 2010, 11:30:23 PM
Reply #5

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
"Fast toggle off"
What if i wanna stop 3 cues at the same time.. i must press release 3 times and corresponding cues?
Well it works, but not very good :P:P
Yeah, that's true.. But you can't stop it by pressing the go-button once because when you have a cuelist with steps, that doesn't work.

"Cue fader at 0%"
okok nicenice.
Btw i tested cuelux with a Robe Spot 250xt today, worked great.
But when i have a cue with a strobe, fader at 0%, works fine, no strobe until i drag the fader up to a value on the strobe parameter.

BUT, when i drag it down, its kinda hard to make it stop. couse the bcf2000 fader is not really at 0 of 127 value. its closer to 1-2. so its very hard to make it stop.. any ideas to fix this?

Same problem with other cues.. maybe a "midi gate" or something would do the trick? i dunno, you tell me :P
Hmm.. That's strange.. Maybe Maarten can reproduce this problem?

"Concept drawing"

haha thanks.

I know the buttons are very small, as you saw i put every "page" on almost one page.  that could be redone with maybe 3 normal-size pages instead of one.

hah, the desklight.. well.. i redesigned the whole desk quite a bit, but then i decided to take some things away, new display etc etc.. so i removed it just to show the main idea.
Maybe something to think about :) Would be nice when you could restyle your own main-page. :)

February 18, 2010, 11:45:03 PM
Reply #6

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"
Maybe something to think about :) Would be nice when you could restyle your own main-page. :)

yeah, that would be awesome. like the bigger consoles :P
to bad im no programmer, else id like to help :P

February 19, 2010, 12:46:20 AM
Reply #7

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl

I am.. ;D (But I'm only a student and not working for Cuelux.. ;))
But believe me, that takes a lot of time.. And there are more priority-things to do..

February 19, 2010, 12:48:53 AM
Reply #8

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"

I am.. ;D (But I'm only a student and not working for Cuelux.. ;))
But believe me, that takes a lot of time.. And there are more priority-things to do..

heh, mm.
well i know, its a hard work making these things. impressive things.

The bigger consoles are really state-of-the-art products.. wish i had 50 000€ somewhere

February 19, 2010, 01:14:03 AM
Reply #9

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
The bigger consoles are really state-of-the-art products.. wish i had 50 000€ somewhere

Tell me about it.. Grandma would be nice too  :-X ::)

February 19, 2010, 09:19:35 AM
Reply #10

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
It's realy a Problem for me too that you can't stop and start cues as fast a you like. I made some sugestions in my old tread:

http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=789.0

Normaly i programm me cues with moment, some with color, some with gobos. And the you can put the cues together you like. But in the moment it's not realy possible to switch between two color cues on the fly. So i only use Cuelux to control my LED Pars on small Events and use for everything else Martin Lightjockey. There you can make nearly everything happen.

February 19, 2010, 05:43:00 PM
Reply #11

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl

This is a known issue with midi controllers in general. Hopefully I can add a little software algorithm that tackles it soon...
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

February 19, 2010, 06:03:45 PM
Reply #12

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
@ Erics

But in the moment it's not realy possible to switch between two color cues on the fly.

Are you programming colourmix or fixed-colours here?
Have you considered disabling the 'Enable Colour HTP' option?

@ All

I notice that a recurring issue is 'releasing the cuelists in a fast way'. At the moment you can:
- press the go button for >1 sec. (handy on a midi controller with no 'release' button)
- press 'release' button + go button (allows you to time the release more exact)
- press 'release' button + bank up/down (release whole bank, sometimes usefull and quick)
- press 'release' button for >1 sec (releases ALL playbacks, sometimes usefull and quick)

But if you guys, when working on your gigs, feel that there is missing a method to quickly release a playback, then we have come up with a good plan to add such possibility. Preferably in a way that doesn't require additional buttons (there is not enough space) and doesn't require more options (that makes the software more complex). So let's think out of the box, start a little brainstorm session (all ideas are welcome, good and bad) and after that pick the best method.

As a little start, let's consider the following ideas (some were already mentioned):

- 'fader start' (take up fader -> start  &   take down fader -> release)
- double click on the go button to release
- mouse gestures?
- keyboard shortcut
- .... ?

Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

February 19, 2010, 07:31:50 PM
Reply #13

kinglevel

• "blame phaseing"
I vote for the fader star n stop. This should an option in desired cues.

February 20, 2010, 04:33:51 PM
Reply #14

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
But in the moment it's not realy possible to switch between two color cues on the fly.

Are you programming colourmix or fixed-colours here?
Have you considered disabling the 'Enable Colour HTP' option?

Yes i have tried that. But it's global and i don't want to lose the ability to mix Colors. And it's buggy too. I have programmed to test 3 color chasers. (RGB Colors with LED paars) I have dissabled 'Enable Colour HTP' . Than i start the three cues. The last one that i start runs. That's fine. But when you release all of them (select release Button and the Bank up) they all released. But on my Fixture window i often have the last chase value (for example Blue on 2 of 8 LED Pars) on. And i can't get it off. No color cue is running. When you start one of the three color cue it's running than normal and overides the values. But it can't be that i have color values on my screen when everything is off. So it's a bug.

What i would like to have an option to group cues. I have 8 color cues and make them as one group. When i start one of theses Group all others go off. So you can make Groups for moving, groups for gobo, Groups for Color. And you can easy combine them. select color chase green with gobo 5 and movement 4. when you want a different color... you start a new color cue of the group and theree it is. now you want to change movent... start a nother movement cue. And all with one click. I don't want to think about pressing a release button before. when you have fade times programmed it would be nice i you have a fading between the colors... and when you have no fading programmed you have a hard snap like for gobos. That would be a great help for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk