Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueCable not working  (Read 5469 times)

May 05, 2010, 07:25:04 PM
Read 5469 times

Lufferov

I'm having an intermittent problem with the CueCable, when plugged in the DMX light comes on and everything works fine. But randomly it will just stop outputting DMX, I couldn't understand what was going on at first because the DMX light was staying on. Unplugging and plugging the CueCable back in resotred DMX...

After this happened a few times I looked in the "Hardware" page when the CueCable stopped working and it was listing the settings as "None". When I unplugged and plugged it back in again the correct details came back.

Is this a bug with the latest version? I've not noticed this happening before but it's quite critical because all my lights just go off when they lose DMX!

HELP!

May 05, 2010, 09:10:29 PM
Reply #1

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hey Lufferov,

Are you using a usb-hub?

May 06, 2010, 02:01:05 AM
Reply #2

Lufferov

No, it's plugged directly into my laptops USB port.

May 06, 2010, 08:34:56 AM
Reply #3

raystream

i had this problem with an old laptop with an usb 1.1 interface.
then i plugged in an usb 2.0 pcmcia card and used this interface all was fine

May 06, 2010, 02:24:01 PM
Reply #4

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hmm.. I hope that will be it..
I was looking at the minimal requirements, but it doesn't describe what kind of USB-port you should use..

May 06, 2010, 02:38:34 PM
Reply #5

Lufferov

No, this is a brand new laptop it's definitely got USB2 ports. I only bought it 3 weeks ago!

I'm using it again on Saturday so I'll report back if I have the issue again then. A friend used my cable on his Mac and siad it was fine so the cable would seem okay. Either my USB port is dodgy or there might be a bug in the latest PC version of Cuelux... I'll know more soon!

May 06, 2010, 04:10:23 PM
Reply #6

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Either my USB port is dodgy or there might be a bug in the latest PC version of Cuelux... I'll know more soon!

I think your USB port is dodgy, because I've no problems with the latest update..  ???

May 06, 2010, 04:47:26 PM
Reply #7

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Lufferov,

I am sorry you're having difficulties with the CueCable. If the problem persist then please contact me at info {at} visualproductions {dot} nl and we'll arrange a replacement.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 06, 2010, 04:51:27 PM
Reply #8

Lufferov

Hi Maarten,

I don't think it is the cable to be honest since it's been fine before and worked okay in my friends Macbook. It's either my laptop or the latest build of Cuelux, I'll do more investigation.

Out of interest, can I download older versions from anywhere to test out my theory and roll back if that is the problem? I'm using the 64-bit driver in Win 7 too, don't think I used that before. It does recognise it as a CueCable when it's plugged in though.

May 06, 2010, 04:59:20 PM
Reply #9

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Out of interest, can I download older versions from anywhere to test out my theory and roll back if that is the problem? I'm using the 64-bit driver in Win 7 too, don't think I used that before. It does recognise it as a CueCable when it's plugged in though.

You can't download older versions. But I have some on my pc (like v1.02 build 6 for Windows)..
If you want to, I can send you older versions by email. :)

May 06, 2010, 05:20:15 PM
Reply #10

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
You can access some older files at    ftp://haarlem.visualproductions.nl

Regarding your cuecable: We have seen it before where a CueCable was slightly misbehaving and some computers had USB controllers that did not work and other computers with different USB controllers kept on working. See this could be the case as well.

Maybe a good test could be to use a USB hub on the computer that doesn't work. If it does work via the hub, you prove that the drivers are correctly installed and it is not a software problem. 2 cases then remain: faulty CueCable or faulty USB controller.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 06, 2010, 05:40:18 PM
Reply #11

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
You can access some older files at    ftp://haarlem.visualproductions.nl

Hey, that's cool :)
Can you put this link on the download-page?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk